Friday, September 23, 2011

Living in the same town as family is over rated--

Sigh.
This is where I am right now. Frustrated. Irritated. A bit angry.
My husband has his own list. He has to get a lot done on that list. When he is not working full time, some certain people feel obligated to have that "time" scheduled for him.

UGH.

I have to work tonight. Probably on the chaotic side too. I was wanting a date with hubby before I HAD to leave. It might not happen. I am frustrated.

I want to move.
I want to find a job somewhere that is at least 4 hours away from here. That or I should just move 45 minutes away (south) and make it more difficult for people to schedule my husband's time.

Oy. I want to blog more. But my time is currently being caught up in bills, cleaning, mothering and "wifing" (Yes, that's MY word. You can't have it. IT means keeping your hubby happy.

Although for the record, it is hard to keep hubby happy when "certain" people keep scheduling his "time" for him.

Oy.
What to do, what to do.
Move to Australia? Maybe Alexander had it right. I'm just having a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day. And I want to wear my rail road train pajamas and they are dirty. And I want to eat at a restaurant with hubby cuz I WANT a blasted date with the man I married!

Sigh. I will keep plugging along until I can have it my way I guess.
Unless you have any suggestions for me. Murder is not an option. LOL. Like I could kill any one and stash the body somewhere. Besides that would destroy my nursing career...

But for now I will focus on the present. My youngest wants me to make her a PB and jelly sandwich. Sadly my blog and worries must wait once again.

I still love you all. Don't UNfollow or UNsubscribe from me yet.
'Kay? I've got something good up my sleeve. I can feel it...
(And no it's not a small bug or a fly....bwahahahaha.)

6 comments:

Tracie Nall said...

I think you have to sit your husband down and have a conversation about the word, "NO!".

They can schedule all they want, but it is his choice if he goes or not. I know that is easier said than done, and I know it is hard to say no to family....but he has got to set those boundaries, or they will continue to take up all his time. :(

Sorry babe. It sucks. I hope you get that date night soon!!

Ruth said...

I am fairly certain his parents feel like he can do what they ask, because they have given you A LOT of money. I know it does not seem fair, but in this life rarely do you get something for nothing. Are you still driving their car back and forth to work? If you are, then that is something else they are doing for you. Be grateful and know that this to shall pass.

Momnerd said...

I'm so sorry, girl. This is why I refuse to live close to the in-laws. Eldon is too nice to say no. And I look like a jerk if I do. Hang in there, things will get better! And know, you are loved!

Debbie said...

I seriously know how you feel. Be glad that it's not your husband filling in all his time-that's what mine did-HE filled up his time with ANYTHING but us. Be grateful that your hubby doesn't do that. And maybe try a calendar? Schedule a date night-if you don't it will never happen, and make sure that if it's not on the calendar, then it doesn't happen. It's not too much to ask for 3 weeks notice for family get togethers. Seriously plan your holidays NOW-it will save you frustration later. LOVE YOU and hope you get your date SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Unknown said...

Umm I don't know who Ruth is but that was all kinds of rude to just spill personal stuff in the comments. I live in front of my mom and she helps us a lot but she would NEVER over do that like that.. that is just rude and uncalled for.

Linda Ramos said...

I am finding that an hour away from family is a good distance. :( Hugs!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails